EXPLANATION OF LOGO
CHRIST SAVING GRACE
- A title by which Christians refer to Jesus. The word is a Greek translation of the Hebrew messiah, meaning “the anointed one.
- To believe that “Jesus is the Christ” is to believe that he is the Anointed; the Messiah of the prophets, the Saviour sent of God, that he was, in a word, what he claimed to be.
- To rescue from danger or possible harm, injury, or loss.
- To keep safe, intact, or unhurt; safeguard; preserve.
- To keep from being lost.
- Mercy; clemency; pardon.
- The freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.
- The influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them.
- Elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action.
- A pleasing or attractive quality or endowment.
The Purple Cloud
- The Color Purple – Represents royalty and the favor of God – Esther 8:15 (KJV) And Mordecai went out from the presence of the king in royal apparel of blue and white, and with a great crown of gold, and with a garment of fine linen and purple: and the city of Shushan rejoiced and was glad.
- The Cloud – Represents the glory of God – Ezekiel 10:4 (KJV) Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, [and stood] over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD’S glory.
The Shadow Behind the Lion
- The Holy Spirit – John 14:26 (KJV) – But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
The Lion – (Jesus Christ Himself)
- The Lion of The Tribe of Judah – Revelation 5:5 – And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
- Defender – 2 Chronicles 20:15 (KJV) – And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle [is] not yours, but God’s.
- Protector – Psalms 46:1 – To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- The Good Shepherd – John 10:11 – I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
The Lamb (The Saints)
- The Saints – John 10:27-28- My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
- The Flame of Evangelism and Missions – Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV) – And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.
Church of God in Christ
While seeking a spiritual name which would distinguish the church from others of the similar title, the name “Church of God in Christ” was revealed to Bishop Charles Harrison Mason (Founder of the Church of God in Christ) while walking along a certain street in Little Rock, Arkansas. The following scripture supported his revelation: I Thessalonians 2:14, “For ye brethren became followers of the Churches of God which in Judea are in Christ Jesus: for ye have suffered like things of your own countrymen even as they have of the Jews.” All of the brethren unanimously agreed to the name of “Church of God in Christ.”
The Bible (The Word of God)
- Alive and Powerful – Hebrews 4:12-13 (KJV) – For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- Life Changing – Psalms 19:7 (KJV) – The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple.
Luke 4:18-19 (King James Version) – A ministry of Healing and Deliverance
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Mark 6:34 (King James Version) – A ministry where the scripture is taught word for word
34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.